I have decided that I need to catch up on my reading . . . from grade school. I've often wondered to myself why it is that I've never read "the classics" like Jane Eyre, Pride & Prejudice, all of William Shakespeare, and the like. I concluded that it was because I was an obstinate young girl and refused to read anything that someone told me I HAD to read.
I have over the past year or two read some of "the classics" but I am still very far behind, so I made a goal to at least read everything I'm making my kids read for school. After all, how can I honestly expect them to read all those books that I wasn't willing to read myself back then?
As I read these books, I am discovering that I really missed out! I should have read all these good books when I was a kid so that I could be free to read other books.
Oh, well. To keep me motivated, I have joined a contest called Bookmark Break Challenge 2012. This is a challenge that is set up so that you can finish all the books on your shelf that are holding bookmarks prisoner because you've abandoned them.
Here's to reading great literature (at least for the most part). My reading list is on my sidebar listed in order completed this year. I may even go back and read some that I've already finished.
To find out more about the challenge, you can go to the Bookmark Break Challenge 2012 site.
Happy reading!
Happy reading!
1 comment:
Thank you for joining up, Kea! And for writing this great post! You have been added to the competitor's list and I have linked your list to you name! Thanks again! 2012 is ging to be a good one for this reading challenge!
Happy Reading!
AubrieAnne
http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/2012/01/new-bookmark-break-challenge-2012.html?showComment=1326922872531#c6483037108904723928
Post a Comment