Tuesday, February 16, 2010

church

so, we're 7 weeks into the new year
and I have been to church a total of three, count them 3, times

I'm not trying to avoid church

in all actuality I <3church

It truly is one of my favorite times of the week

so to miss out on more than half of them so far this year
makes me sad

if I <3 church, then why haven't I gone?

hmmmm . . . 
let's see . . .

week 1 (Jan 3) :
van dead
not ready to tell anyone about the accident
no way to get to church
 much appreciative for Dena letting Steve borrow her car to get to work during that time, no questions asked

week 2 (Jan 10)
friend fixes van and it runs ok for a couple of days. 
van dies while Steve drives to a baptism. 
waiting on insurance preferred repair shop to contact us about towing our van to their shop, they're closed on weekends. 
wonderful friend, Katherine, offers to take us 
(they have two five-seater cars so they could have fit me and my four and her, her husband and baby. 
Steve gets a ride in because he has meetings 2 1/2 hours before church starts)
THANK YOU for offering to give us a ride
 but she found out our van was dead on their way to church 
and she called right away, 
bless her heart, 
so that would have only given me about 2 min to get myself and four children washed and dressed. 
haha . . . wasn't going to happen

week 3 (Jan 17)
went to church woohoo
stuffed myself and the kids into a Kia Spectra (rental from the car insurance)

yeah, 
imagine three kids in the back, 
one with a car seat, another with a booster seat, 
and the third squished in between them. 
that was not fun, 
but I got to go to church. 
yippee!

Week 4 (Jan 24)
got to go to church. :D
same story as week three. 
the repairs weren't done yet so we got to squeeze our BIG family into that teeny car

Week 5 (Jan 31)
so Natania was sick on Thurs, Jan 28. She was fine by that evening.
Savion got sick Fri, 29. he was fine by the time we got home. 
when I woke up at 6:30ish Sun morning, Negina told me that she threw up A LOT since 3:00 that morning. She was fine by noon. 
at 7am I found Stevie curled up in a ball laying on the floor with his hair in vomit and pants-less because he didn't make it to the toilet in time to poo. 
Steve stayed home with me to help take care of the kiddies but by 10am he was layed out or kneeling over the toilet. 
by 11:30am it was my turn to kneel and offer up my breakfast to the greedy toilet. 
yeah. 
no church that day.

week 6 (Feb 7) :
made it to church!
no sick children
our van was operating smoothe as the day it was created
good thing too
it was my week to teach in Relief Society
(shout out the the ladies. you made that lesson great by participating. I loved it!)

week 7 (Feb 14) :
no church
boo hoo

here's to hoping that this will be the majority of absences this year
I highly doubt it
but I can dream, can't I?

No comments: