Steve watched the kids so that I could have a much needed me day this past Saturday.
I was tempted to call a friend to join me, but I decided that I really needed the time to be alone.
I don't remember the last time that I was alone without doing something for the family.
I mean, I go grocery shopping by myself sometimes, or gift shopping, or things like that, but it's always doing something for someone else.
Saturday was a day that I got to do what I wanted, when I wanted, and did not have to think about the kids, hubby, church, or anyone else but me.
It sounds selfish, but I am the kind of person that needs to recharge my batteries and the best, fastest most effective way FOR ME is to be by myself.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my kids and my husband and church and friends, but when my cup is running dry, I need to refill it by thinking about MY needs, otherwise there won't even be a drop to give to anyone else.
I love my family too much to let my cup run dry . . . they deserve to have my cup spilling over.
Thank you Steve. I really needed that day to myself. I didn't know how much until my soul was recharged.
I love you.
LLL
No comments:
Post a Comment