So, I still feel terrible that I miss calculated so badly and ended up making my uncle wait up for us.
Neither Steve nor I know how to find an address in Utah. We can find the cross streets, but not the actual address, so it took us passing my uncles house three times and his help on the phone before we finally found his house.
We figured that we would get inside quickly and get settled so that Uncle could get some sleep, but he wouldn't hear of it. He sat with us as we ate the dinner that Autny Elaine made. She's so wonderful, she made us shoyu chicken and rice because she thought that we might like a little bit of home when we first arrived. Bless her heart.
With the next day (that day actually) being Sunday, we opted to go to church with one of my cousins. Sacrament started at 9a and we were a little bit late. We were going to stay for all the meetings, but none of us could stay awake during Sacrament so we decided it would be better if we went back to Uncle's house and rested before going to my other cousin's (Keawe) house for a family get together.
The family get together was really nice. Uncle Hansel and Aunty Judy, Uncle Cal and Aunty Elaine, Lei and her family, Keawe and his family, Kandon and his family, Alika and his family, Jordan and his family, and my family and I were there. We had a lot of fun catching up on each other's lives and then they busted out their guitars and ukes and had a great jam session. I didn't know how much I missed those sessions until we got to experience it again. So, to the fam back in Hawaii get together often and KANIKAPILA!
The next day, since the kids had never ridden a train before and the FrontRunner was free that day, we took them on the train to go play tourist at the Salt Lake City Temple. It really would have been nice to be able to attend a live session, but with the kids tagging along, it was impossible. We did get to take the tour and take a few pictures. The "pin drop" demonstration in the tabernacle was awesome.
After the temple tour, we took the train back to Uncle's house and got ready to meet up with our friends Merrilee and Jean. The girls were excited to see their former music teacher from school. They took us to a wonderful restaurant, Cafe Del Rio. Great food! Some of the slides are of the girls and Jean singing Tanie's Mayday song from preschool, Philipe the Fox Run Fox. She was so happy that the girls remembered the song and the motions.
We have a lot of pictures of us playing around with Uncle Cal, Aunty Elaine and Phillip. The kids LOVE Uncle Phillip. "He's the best uncle EVER!" both girls exclaimed and Li'l Steve just proved how much he liked Uncle Phillip by listening only to him.
I tried to get a picture of all of us, but it came out really dark. If I can figure out how to make it lighter, I'll post it later.
Enjoy the slide show of our experiences in Utah!
No comments:
Post a Comment