
I guessed that the place was Dinosaur, CO and Dad confirmed that we did pass through there on our trip west, but he couldn't remember if that was where the dinosaurs were. The dinosaurs are NOT in Dinosaur, CO, they are in Vernal, UT, and since we already passed by we didn't get to see them :( But we did get to see some small dinosaur statues and Steve got the kids to take some cute pictures with them.

So, this time around, we had a better idea of how long it would take for bathroom breaks and gas stops and were better prepared for the drive.
The most memorable thing about this leg of the journey was that while passing through the Rockies, we stopped for a bathroom break. There was lots of snow on the ground, right up to the road. As I was driving into the parking lot, I kept thinking to myself, why am I being pushed onto the other side of the road? Then I realized that the snow was ON the road. Anyways, we got out and did our business, and the kids got to play in the snow for a while. They built a miniature snowman and found a dead skunk. All of us got stuck in the snow at some point, because it was melting, and Steve had to rescue us and/or our shoes. A few hours later, just before reaching Dinosaur, CO, we took another pitstop and Neena observed that we have pictures of them playing in the snow and in the desert on the same day in the same clothes. They thought that was cool.
The most unfortunate thing about this leg of the trip was that anytime we stopped at a playground or McDonald's playplace, the kids would get shocked, so Li'l Steve won't go down slides anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment