Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Grace is SO not my middle name

At risk of being laughed at, I had to post that I fell down the stairs yesterday.

I still have no idea HOW it happened. All I know is that I was walking down the stairs like I normally do (holding the railing and leaning on the wall simultaneously) and then I was flat on my bum with my back slammed against the stairs, looking up at the ceiling wondering what the heck had just happened. I was also in a lot of pain and just wanted to contemplate the meaning of life for a few minutes while my brain did a scan on my body to make sure that I wasn't broken, but since I was on my way out the door to meet the girls when they got off the bus I had to forgo the meditation and get up as quickly as I could without hurting myself further.

This, of course, aggravated my incision and now I'm in more pain than I have been over the past week. I had already take my Ibuprofrin and wanted to cry because I thought I was all out of Percocet, but, to my utter delight, I still had one little pill left. I took it and was still in pain the rest of the night, though not as bad as before I took the Percocet.

All I gotta say is that I am VERY happy that I decided to leave Savion in his crib while I went to meet the girls, otherwise he would have taken the fall with me. See, there is a good side to this ...

1 comment:

The Memea family said...

Hey! I found your blog and I hope you don't mind. Congratulations on you're beautiful baby boy. I hope your family is well. You all look good!