Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Next Stop: Chicago, IL

We then stopped in Chicago and stayed with my cousin Keenan and his family. It was such a fun visit. We wish we could have stayed longer.


It was so funny watching Marlee and Li'l Steve together because they are both so into Cars. See them both happy in their new Cars pajamas (second collage, row one, column two). Li'l Steve didn't want to take his off when morning came. But I didn't take my jammies off until after I played with the kids either.


So the grill is a find that Keenan made one of the days we were there. One of his neighbors left it out for disposal and Keenan snatched it up. Of course that meant that we HAD to have a bar-b-que, but it was too cold for us (my family at least) to eat outside so the men grilled outside on the newly cleaned grill and we ate inside. obviously the kids loved it. We had beef, chicken and shrimp kabobs. Good eats.


We went to the beach (Lake Michigan) for a lunch picnic, which is literally right down the road from where they live, but with so many houses and businesses, you can't see the lake until you're right next to it. The water was freezing cold, but that didn't stop the kiddies from playing in it.


Yes, that really is Steve playing the ukulele. He did a really good job too.


There is nothing like seeing two grown men revert back to their childhood. Rebekeh and I were gabbing away after dinner one night and we heard a series of TWACKs. Looking up, I saw our husbands engrossed in the wonderful game of pencil fight. Of course I had to take pictures. I also took a bit of video.


Notice the expert wind up and tension stall just before the release....

AND THEN . . . when they broke all the pencils (30+ pencils) they moved on to finger fighting ...



No comments: