Friday, June 6, 2008

Last Stop: Niagara Falls, NY

Since I LOVE waterfalls and our road trip from IN to ME was going to take us near Niagara Falls and we needed to stop for the night in the vicinity of Niagara Falls, I planned us to stay at a Travelodge in Niagara Falls.

We took an extra day to rest ;-) ;-) and while resting toured the falls. Look, I have perma-smile!

We took a ride on the Maid of the Mist, which takes you into the mist of the falls, hence the ponchos.

If nothing else, you must go on the Maid of the Mist tour. We don't have passports, so we could not go to the Canadian side to view the famous Horseshoe Falls and the American Falls and Bridal (?) Falls are in line with the American side of the falls, the Maid of the Mist tour is about the only way that you can see them all front view and grasp their splendor.

The coolest thing about going to the falls on this particular day is that we met a wonderful couple from FL, Jack and Deanne, who have become very good friends of ours. In fact, when Steve flew down to FL twice for his auditions for Disney World, these are the people he stayed with.

And we met because I was wearing my BYUH jacket (the only one that fit over my pregnant belly) and Jack was brave enough to ask us we were members. Thank you, Jack, for not being ashamed to inquire.

No comments: