Saturday, April 21, 2012

Until We Meet Again ...

D Keala Naluai
June 30, 1951 - April 18, 2012

Dear Mom,

I love you.
I always hoped that you would find happiness. 
And now you have.

I will never be able to thank you for all that you have done for me.

Like Captain Moroni's stripling warriors, 
I did not doubt that my mother
knew the gospel is true.

You are my hero.

Even during your trials 
I could still see the strength you had 
that was founded on your faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ, 
and your knowledge that the gospel is true.
You have shown me how to repent and to forgive.
You have shown me what unconditional love is.
You loved others even when you thought they hated you.
You prayed for them and would do anything for them if they would let you.
You cried when bad things happened to others.
And you rejoiced when others were blessed.

Next to Jesus, you are my greatest example of charity.

It is only fitting that you were reading about charity when you passed.

My heart aches, Mom.
I miss you.
It's still hard to believe that you are gone.

I am happy to hear that you finally found a little bit of peace before you died.
I know you are with our Father in Heaven now
and that He is showing you the love that you didn't get while here.
I know this because Heavenly Father is merciful
and He answers prayers.

I'm sure you already know this,
but I'm going to tell you anyway.
.
After it was confirmed that the woman was you,
Uncle Brent said a prayer for you.

The only thing that I remember him praying for was,
"Heavenly Father, please accept her into your bosom
and give her the peace she never found here."

I was numb and did not remember any of that when Steve,
without know what was said in the prayer,
 gave me a blessing.

In his blessing, Steve told me,
"I am impressed to tell you that Heavenly Father
has accepted your Mom into His bosom
and He has given her peace.
She is happy now and has been joined by those she loves."

I didn't remember any of the blessing either,
until Steve, who must have been prompted by the Holy Ghost,
started asking me about the prayer.

He asked me who said the prayer.
He asked me if I remembered anything that was said.

My first answer was that I didn't.
But then, suddenly, I had the recollection of what Uncle asked for
and immediately after that, I had the recollection of the words in the blessing.
.

Mom,

I thank you for teaching me the gospel.
I thank you for doing everything that you could 
to ensure that I would be saved in the Kingdom of our Father.

I thank you for not giving up on me when I was stubborn.
I thank you for fasting and praying on my behalf
so that I could return to the fold.

Families are forever, Mom.
I know that with every fiber of my being.

Because of you,
I will do better.
I will pray harder.
I will serve longer.

I am anxious to be with you again,
to give you more hugs and kisses.

But, until we meet again,
please watch over me.

Me kealoha pumehana poina'ole,
Kealoha

2 comments:

HotHulaMolly said...

absolutly beautiful

AubrieAnne said...

This is beautiful! Also, just wanted to let you know that the 5 month update for the Bookmark Break Challenge is up!

http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/2012/06/bookmark-break-challenge-5-months.html