Thursday, February 12, 2009

It Grumbled On Me and Dark Blader

So, when I posted about Li'l Steve's "I'm Melting" incident, I got to remembering some of the cute things that the girls said.

The Christmas when Neena was 4, Steve and I decorated our tiny TVA apartment to the hilt. We went all out. We even put up lights in the girls' room (this was before Li'l Steve entered our family). Our friends came over to checkout the decked out halls. One of Neena's friends was there too. Neena took her friend into her room to proudly show off her (and her sister's) lights.

The next thing I know, Neena's crying and holding her hand. It took a while to calm her down so that I could find out what happened, but when she was finally composed enough to tell me, she said the cutest thing.

Apparently, she plugged in the lights with wet fingers while holding the metal prongs and so she got shocked. . . but in her little mind, the plug GRUMBLED on her.

-----------------

For years, Tanie would walk around talking about Dark Blader. I had no idea who Dark Blader was until we went to my niece's birthday party.My brother loves Star Wars and has passed on his love to his daughter. At her party, there was a mask, can't remember if it was a stormtrooper or Darth Vader or both, but Tanie recognized it and there came the understanding of Dark Blader.

----------------

Guess what I heard my dear children singing the other day. They were sing the EXACT words I used to sing for the second verse of I Am A Child Of God.

Actual words: I am a child of God and so my needs are great.

What I used to sing when I was a kid, and what my little ones are singing now: I am a child of God and so my knees are gray.

I never thought to question why my knees needed to be gray to be a child of God, and neither have my children . . . I wonder if it's supposed to reference all the kneeling we're supposed to do while praying . . . I'm just saying.

No comments: