Li'l Steve said the cutest thing yesterday.
We are still working on potty training and have gotten to the point where we reward him with a piece of candy if he poops in the potty. He's doing well and he knows exactly where his bag of candy is (which is on top of the fridge). One day last week I was taking too long to get down the bag of candy, so he got it himself. I was amazed and a bit saddened that my little boy isn't so little anymore.
Without thinking about it, the day before yesterday I put the candy bag on the fridge and didn't realize that I had placed it out of his reach. So, yesterday, after he pooped in the potty I gave him permission to get his candy. I was sitting on the couch watching TV as he pulled the chair to the fridge and tried to get the bag.
Then, he exclaims , in complete bewilderment, "MOOOOOMMMMM, I'm melting"
"What?"
"I'm melting."
Trying to understand and going to the kitchen to see what he's talking about. "Melting?"
"Yeah," a little scared now. "I'm melting. I can't reach the candy." Sniffing, "I'm getting smaller," said he while staring at his hands trying to figure out why he was melting.
That's when I realized that I put the candy out of his reach. I had to explain that he was not melting and that I put the candy too far away for him to reach.
My boy is now happy, secure in the fact that he is not melting.
2 comments:
LOL. . . I love it!! Oh, the things their little minds come up with :)
Oh how adorably sweet and funny all at the same time!
Melting! Hahaha:)
Post a Comment