So I've totally been spoiled by Disney's renditions of these classic tales. Pinocchio was creepy, once you go to the Island of Toys, but the movie doesn't hold a candle to the book in creepy weirdness.
The story is so far from the movie that I had to remind myself that I really was reading Pinocchio.
However, I do feel like it's a great way to scare the kids into behaving and telling the truth . . . hahaha
The story is so far from the movie that I had to remind myself that I really was reading Pinocchio.
However, I do feel like it's a great way to scare the kids into behaving and telling the truth . . . hahaha
1 comment:
I know what you are talking about when you mention that reading a true tale can ruin your perception of Disney's beautiful worlds! I saw the Hunchback of Notre Dame live on stage at the Stratford Festival in Canada and it was downright gruesome!!!!
I could actually see pinocchio being even scarier!
Also, I nominated you for an award today!!! Come check it out here:
http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/2012/04/awards-on-monday.html
If you don't do awards that's ok. I just wanted to pick some new people and let you know!
Aubrie
Post a Comment