Thursday, December 3, 2009

Alma 39 - 41

39: 7-8 » sometimes a reminder of our sins is necessary to help us return to God and repent

39: 17 » all souls are precious, those fro before, those from now, those from the future ... I must not forget that my soul is precious to Him, that I matter

41: 8 » Heavenly Father always leaves the door open, all we need to do is walk in. Why is it so hard to walk in and so easy to walk out?

I am reminded of an article I read from the Ensign, written by Pres Uchdorf. I think it was in the Jun 2009 issue. I know it was about women and it was that month's home teaching lesson. There is a section where he tells us that Heavenly Father wants us to be full of joy throughout eternity. And then he reminds us that TODAY IS part of eternity. Wow! I didn't ever think about it that way before, but the Spirit has testified to me that what Pres Uchdorf stated is true. Men [and women] are that they might have joy (2 Ne 2: 25)

No comments: